Wednesday 27 February 2013

Twitter

I've decided not to create a Twitter account. Weighing the fors with the againsts, the againsts have it. It could also be a personality issue. It seems to have no relevance for me whatsoever. I am unlikely to 'follow' anyone else; it is even less likely that anyone will follow me.

I'm probably harbouring some prejudices. That users' tweet is immediately off-putting to me. I recently listened to Wagner's Ring; this took 27 years to write and is nearly 20 hours of some of the most beautiful music ever created. People have died trying to perform it. New instruments had to be invented. Buildings have been erected for single performances. Ear drums have been shattered (I exaggerate maybe). There is so much I'd like to say about it. Well, it's all about love and redemption. But there's not much can be said in 140 characters. And then there are the novels of Proust, and Ullysses, the Ramayana, The Golden Bough, even Moby Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment